Here’s a look at the Nick Offerman book “Good Clean Fun” and his misadventures in sawdust. It’s an easy read, fun to follow along, and one any avid wood worker will want on the bookshelf.
Most people know Offerman from his role as small-town functionary Ron Swanson on the TV show Parks And Recreation, whose desk trinkets include a Claymore antipersonnel mine facing anyone approaching his desk.
But woodworkers know him from his Fine Woodworking articles as a fellow woodworker who has a nice side gig as an actor and humorist.
Ok, you probably mainly know him from the show as I did, and were tickled to find out he’s also an honest to goodness woodworker, running the real business Offerman Woodshop. I was just as tickled to get the opportunity to review his book.
This is his third book, the first one that is wholly about woodworking. His two previous books were Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man’s Fundamentals for Delicious Living and Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America’s Gutsiest Troublemakers.
You can find Nick’s book here. There is also a kindle version available if that’s your thing.
- Diy Chair Plans
- How To Remove Tape Residue From Wood and Plastic
- Build Your Own Wooden Lawn Chairs
- Goodbye Joanna
- New Jet 15 Inch Planers 2019
- Simple Panel Bed Frame You Can Build
- Tool Tote for Hand Tools Project
- Large Precise Protractor For Woodworking
- Lathe Turning An Orange Pencil Holder
- Portable Leather Sharpening Kit Part 3
- Nick Offerman Good Clean Fun Book
- Craftsman-Style Outdoor Lantern Wood Project
- The Return of the Welshman
- Workshop Tip: Bandsaw Push Stick Waits in the Miter Slot
- Picnic Table Plans